Tips To Keep Your Braiding Looking Great
Braids will never go out of fashion. Why? This is because it gives you an opportunity to style your hair creatively and add an extra spark to your look. Braids are comfortable, classy and if you know how to do them in different ways, they are trendy as well. There are certain things you should do before and after you get your braiding done. Follow these tips to make your braids look great.
- Before your hair is braided, wash your hair thoroughly and blow-dry it. You want your scalp to be clean first, since it is more challenging to keep it clean after your hair is braided.
- Treat yourself to a hot oil deep hair massage treatment prior to your hair braid appointment. After you get your braids, applying oil to your scalp regularly will also help to replenish your hair and prevent dryness.
- If someone else is braiding your hair, ensure that you tell them if the hair is being braided too tight. Medium tension is the best option.
- If your braids are too tight, you can get some relief by taking a hot shower. The steam from the shower will help loosen the braids a bit.
- Do not use heavy conditioners and shampoos on braided hair. These can create residues and can be hard to remove from your hair. You can use a “dry” shampoo or a braid shampoo. You can also mix a moisturizing shampoo with water in a spray bottle and apply directly to your scalp to remove dirt.
- To soothe an itchy scalp, which can be a post-braiding occurrence, soak a cotton ball in an astringent and apply it to your scalp. This will also remove dirt as well.
- To prevent scalp burns from the sun, try applying a sun block with an STP-15. This will help block the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays from affecting your scalp, just as it does to the rest of your body.
- Remove your hair braiding after three months. If you let them stay longer, you are sure to experience hair breakage or thinning.
If you are in Scotland and looking for hair braiding, you may consider Braiding World. We are one of the finest salons in the market and offer great braiding options for our customers. For any related queries, do call us today.